Female Bank Robber Arrested
Police say a woman arrested for trying to rob a bank at gunpoint in Alachua county yesterday may have ties to similar crimes in another county.
Police say fifty five year old Betty Hudson walked into the Wachovia Bank at the Oaks Mall wearing a hood and carrying a bag.
An off-duty officer Lawrence Perez with the State Division of Alcohol, Beverage and Tobacco was cashing a check at the time and was able to stop the robbery.
Marion County law enforcement says there are similarities between Hudson and the woman who robbed three banks in Marion County.
Major Chris Blair with the Marion County Sheriff's Office says,
"There have been some comments made which were
consistent with the three banks that were robbed
here within the city and Marion County."
Police say the woman's height and stature seem to match and that they will be checking for DNA evidence.
Hudson is currently charged with one count of armed robbery if charged with all of the robberies she faces 4 first degree felonies.
- Arrested Armed Bank Robber Talks to TV20
- PNC Bank Robber Arrested
- Gainesville Police Search for Wells Fargo Bank Robber
- Marion County Searching for Bank Robber
- Gainesville Police ID Bank Robber
- Security Video Shows Getaway of PNC Bank Robber
- Serial Bank Robber Caught After High Speed Chase
- Bank Robber Fail
- Belleview Police Search For Bank Robber
- Ocala Police searching for bank robber