Gainesville City Commission Bans LED signs
Since September 2006, Gainesville City Commissioners have been trying to decide if they should outlaw light-emitting-diode, or LED signs, and Monday night, they finally came to a decision.
Starting April 14th, the signs will be illegal inside the city limits, but commissioners voted to re-address the issue in a three years.
The signs became an issue after some drivers complained that the colorful signs are distracting, but business owners who have them say they only installed the expensive signs after receiving permits from the city.
By David Hamilton/WCJB TV 20 News
- Hatchet Creek Development Comes Before Gainesville City Commission
- New Development in Northwest Gainesville? City Commission Plans To Vote Tonight
- Final Gainesville City Commission Forum
- Gainesville City Commission Passes Annexation Ordinance
- Gainesville City Commission Opposed to Police Merger Discussion
- Runoff Needed in Gainesville City Commission Race
- City Of Alachua Commission Race
- City Commission Addresses More Than Property Tax Reform
- City Commission Approves Transgender Ordinance
- City Commission Race Results are In