Lonnie Scott Running For Sheriff
Wednesday, Gainesville Police Captain Lonnie Scott filed to run to replace Sadie Darnell for Alachua County Sheriff.
Darnell beat Scott in the 2006 primary. But this time Scott says he has the support of many of the Sheriff's deputies.
"The Sheriff doesn't show the current employees the respect I think they're due," says Scott.
But the Sheriff says her employees respond very positive to her leadership.
She says, "I can't imagine there would be a lot of people that feel that way. Certainly there are always going to be people who are not satisfied with my decisions."
The democratic primary election is August 26th. As of right now no one else has filed to run for sheriff. If a republican enters the race, the general election will be November 4th.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Sheriff Runs for Office
- Gov. Scott Angry Over Air Traffic Control Furloughs
- Scott Still Undecided on Florida University Tuition
- Chain of Clinics Started by Governor Scott Changes Name
- Gov. Rick Scott Listens to Bradford County Citizens
- Governor Scott Pushes For Healthcare For Floridians
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities
- Governor Rick Scott Schedules Lethal Injection for Convicted Killer
- Governor Scott Appoints Local Leaders
- Governor Scott Visits UF in Support President Machen's Goal of Becoming Top 10 University