Lonnie Scott Running For Sheriff
Wednesday, Gainesville Police Captain Lonnie Scott filed to run to replace Sadie Darnell for Alachua County Sheriff.
Darnell beat Scott in the 2006 primary. But this time Scott says he has the support of many of the Sheriff's deputies.
"The Sheriff doesn't show the current employees the respect I think they're due," says Scott.
But the Sheriff says her employees respond very positive to her leadership.
She says, "I can't imagine there would be a lot of people that feel that way. Certainly there are always going to be people who are not satisfied with my decisions."
The democratic primary election is August 26th. As of right now no one else has filed to run for sheriff. If a republican enters the race, the general election will be November 4th.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Home Invasion Victim Speaks Out
- Trial for Man Accused of Attempting to Rape, Murder Ocala Woman Begins
- Attempted Murder Trial Pushed Back, Defense Not Ready
- Gainesville Police Trying To Keep Kids Out Of Trouble
- Day 3, Brandon Scott Trial: Scott Found Guilty
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- ASO Major to be demoted for failure to supervise
- Union County Sheriff Laid to Rest
- Gov. Scott Angry Over Air Traffic Control Furloughs
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities