Lonnie Scott Running For Sheriff
Wednesday, Gainesville Police Captain Lonnie Scott filed to run to replace Sadie Darnell for Alachua County Sheriff.
Darnell beat Scott in the 2006 primary. But this time Scott says he has the support of many of the Sheriff's deputies.
"The Sheriff doesn't show the current employees the respect I think they're due," says Scott.
But the Sheriff says her employees respond very positive to her leadership.
She says, "I can't imagine there would be a lot of people that feel that way. Certainly there are always going to be people who are not satisfied with my decisions."
The democratic primary election is August 26th. As of right now no one else has filed to run for sheriff. If a republican enters the race, the general election will be November 4th.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Home Invasion Victim Speaks Out
- Gainesville Police Trying To Keep Kids Out Of Trouble
- Attempted Murder Trial Pushed Back, Defense Not Ready
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Union County Sheriff Laid to Rest
- Meth Lab Busted in Inglis, 12 Arrested
- Marion County Deputy Arrested
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Prostitution Bust Sends 16 To Clay County Jail