Man Kills girlfriend, strangles neighbor
A Marion County man is accused of stabbing his longtime girlfriend to death and then attempting to strangle a neighbor.
Fifty nine year old Rodney Stanger who the Marion County Sheriff's office says also goes by the alias stranger, was arrested early this morning, crouched in the bushes behind his neighbors house.
Deputies went to Stanger's home where they found his longtime girlfriend stabbed to death. He then allegedly went to a neighbor's house where he tried to strangle a woman.
Lt. Tim O'Hara with the Marion County Sheriff's Office tells the story,
hears screams from one of the females. She comes out
and sees the gentlemen standing in the middle of her
The woman was able to fight Stanger off. Now he's facing charges of 2nd degree murder, as well as attempted murder and burglary.
By Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News
- Belleview Man Kills His Girlfriend, Shoots His Daughter
- Florida Man Gets Life For Strangling Girlfriend
- Police: Man Kills Girlfriend's Cat, Threatens To Kill Woman
- Gator Cornerback Arrested for Strangling Girlfriend
- Ocala Man Denies Killing His Girlfriend
- Man Sentenced For Killing Ex-Girlfriend
- Man Convicted Of Killing Neighbor Out On Bail
- Mother and Sons Killed in House Fire; Neighbors Trying to Cope
- Jury Indicts Gainesville Man For Murder Of His Girlfriend
- Man Clings to Ex-Girlfriend's Car for 10 Miles