OCALA FARM MINISTRIES
It's been a long time coming but Ocala Farm Ministries finally may have somewhere to hang it's saddle.
For about five years the ministry has been trying find a spot where it could build a church and community center for the between five and eight thousand farm workers in Marion County.
The first shovel will hit the ground this Sunday to begin what Chaplain Bob Miller calls a benefit to the entire community.
Chaplain Bob Miller says," We will have church services and things like that
but we also offer all kinds of other courses and
classes and programs alcoholics anonymous."
The county approved the special use land permit and now Ocala Farm Ministries will need to raise half a million dollars to complete the project.
The center will be largely volunteer operated.
By Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News.
- Two More Ocala-Area Farms Linked To Horse Virus
- Cub Scouts Go Door-To-Door Collecting Food For Gainesville Ministries
- Ministry Cuts The Ribbon On 40-Unit Transitional Housing Complex For Homeless
- Empty Shelves at Gainesville Community Ministry
- Agro-Terrorism: From the Farm to the Fork
- Got Milk? Farm Bill Discussion Raises Questions on Price of Dairy
- Increase at Horse Rescue Farms
- State Farm Rate Hike?
- Pioneer Family Farm Awarded
- 25 Acre Farm Flooded