By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
We've heard of generation X and generation Y. But the newest generation is being called "the net generation." Because of their heavy internet usage. At this month's black on black crime task force all generations left with a better understanding of each other.
it was a combination of all ages at this month's black on black crime task force. The main agenda was online safety. Generations with different social networks tried to understand each other. Gainesville City Commissioner Jeanna Mastrodicasa-- who has researched and written a book on the subject-- says young people should also worry about the images they post online. Mastrodicasa, "There's a caching system so there are ways even if the current site was taken down. there are storage sites out there that will keep those out there. once you put something up there it stays."
Mastrodicasa's research revealed that college students are online six point five hours a week.
- Safety Tips To Parents About Phone/Internet Safety For Kids
- Elementary School Students Learn About Bike Safety
- Diver Safety
- Marion County Highlights School Bus Safety Week
- Local Cops Hold College Campus Safety Conference
- Oil Drilling Safety
- Generator Safety
- Safety Group Asks State To Raise Driving Age
- BCS Fan Safety
- Gator Safety Charged in Credit Card Case