Romantic Picnic Ideas
1. A picnic basket. There are lot of quality baskets on the market. But you can make your own. I used a basket I already owned and gave it a quick coat of spray paint. Then I added some fresh herbs on the sides of the basket. You can use floral wire that can be bought in any craft store. You could also call ahead and ask your favorite florist to make a small nosegay (a tiny flower bouquet) that can serve as your centerpiece.
2. Inside the basket you can place some or all of the following. This is supposed to be romantic so include real plates and glasses. You can also pack cloth napkins and a blanket. The blanket can be used on the ground or as a tablecloth. If you don't own any of those things there are lots of places in our area to find a bargain. Local thrift shops offer a host of dishes and glasses for pennies. Also check out stores like TJ Maxx that have bargain prices. You can even find a basket there. You can also include a gift inside the basket to get the surprise off to a great start.
3. There are lots of great finger foods you can pack. If you don't care to cook or have the time contact your favorite restaurant. Tell them about your plans and ask them to pack items for a picnic. You can bring some nice containers and repack the food. Or just order from the menu ala carte.
If you are bringing wine,don't forget an opener. There are lots of great beverages to choose at your favorite specialty store. I used blueberry lemonade. It is pretty and has a wonderful flavor.
4. When planning a romantic picnic, atmosphere is key. So think ahead where you want the picnic to take place. There are lots of wonderful parks in our area that are within easy driving distance.
And the comfort of your own backyard can be inviting.
5. Pack away the cellphones and anything else that will be a distraction during your date. Relax and enjoy each others company.
Romance comes in a variety of forms-even a picnic basket. This may be just the way to create a memorable date.
Have a Happy Valentine's Day!
- Memorial Day Weekend Picnic
- Young Heart Disease and Transplant Survivors Come Together at Picnic
- High Tech Picnic Table Provides Shade & Solar Power
- Gainesville Makes Top 20 List of America's Most Romantic Cities
- A Romantic Dan's Day Trip
- Creative Graduation Gift Ideas
- Gift Ideas For Moms and Grads
- Ideas From the Design Diva for Dads and Teachers
- Design Diva's Ideas for Weddings and Baby Showers
- Residents Brainstorm Ideas for Gainesville's Former Correctional Institution