The Sandy Road Fire
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
You may have noticed thick smoke and ashes falling from the sky in North Central Florida. It's the first large-scale brush fire of the year and authorities are a bit concerned about how early it's come.The Sandy Road Fire continues to burn in Lafayette County.
It's burning near the same area where a large fire tore through in 2001-- burning 64-thousand acres near Lafayette. The area has since been under reconstruction.
Friday firefighters were doing what they thought was a controlled burn. Instead things got quickly out of control.
- Ocala Utility Workers Turning on the Lights Up North
- Mental Health Care System, One Year After Sandy Hook Shooting
- Ocala Students Help with Sandy Victims
- Update On Tyler Grade Road Fire
- Fire Causes Road Closures in Bradford County
- Roads Re-Open in Bradford After Fire is Contained
- Fires Causing Road Closures
- Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations
- Millhopper Road Fire
- American Red Cross Seeking Donations For Victims of Hurricane Sandy