Sheriff Gets Pulled Over
WCJB TV 20 has learned Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell was pulled over by one of her own deputies last Thursday for speeding.
Sheriff Darnell has confirmed this to TV 20 but says she was not issued a ticket.
She was unable to confirm her exact speed at the time she was driving her county issued vehicle in southeastern Alachua County.
TV 20 has put in a public records request to find out how fast she was driving.
We have also put in a request for a clarification of Sheriff's Office policy on how and when they issue tickets.
Sheriff Darnell does say she would have accepted the ticket had it been issued.
- Pulled Over, Get Out In Alachua County
- Once again, Zimmerman pulled over in traffic stop
- DeCastro Hopes 8,000 Absentee Ballots Get Tossed Out
- Man arrested for over dozen burglaries
- Frustration boils over at town hall
- Gator Hoops Pieces Together Lineup, Gets Win Over Middle Tennessee
- Gay Fla. Teen Back in Jail After Plea Deal Pulled
- Gainesville Man Pulls Knife on Girlfriend and Her Alleged Lover
- Man Pulls Gun During Panhandling Dispute
- Duke Energy Pulls the Plug on Planned Levy County Nuclear Plant