EMT's Won't Get Raise
With a 4- to- 1 vote... County Commissioners approved a plan that worked out details to a service model that does not include a pay rate for the E-M-T's.
Some E-M-T's are now asking county leaders to "show me the money."
It seemed as though the transition team had all their bases covered in the presentation...but the one item that was omitted...may have been the same item that forced one commissioner to vote no.
Andy Kesselring was the only commissioner who voted not to adopt the transition plan...commissioner Stan Mcclain stated that in circumstances like these..there is usually a salary survey completed...before a plan of this magnitude is adopted.
Brett Cyr apposses the integration and represents a group of EMT's that feel the same way he does.
"One of the commissioners brought up...is there going to be a salary survey? That would be anybody's first item when you're considering hiring a new position. It hasn't been done...it's not even proposed."
Marion County Fire Rescue Public Information Officer Heather Danenhower says...that portion of the plan has to be negotiated and won't be finalized for a few months.
"That does not include the line E-M-T's...the paramedics...the dual certified fire fighters EMT's and dual certified fire fighter paramedics because all of those individuals are part of the union and they're salaries have to be negotiated."
The ambulance service contract will expire on september 30th.... until that time...beginning next month EMT workers will be given priority for new positions with Marion County Fire Rescue.
Reporting from Marion County...SHANI MUHAMMAD...WCJB-TV 20 NEWS.
- Twins Conceived After Dad Died Won't Get Benefits
- Fla: Computer switch won't hurt those seeking aid
- Towing Companies Won't Be Suspended
- Backpack Program Ensures Kids Won't Go Home Hungry for the Holidays
- Engineers Making Sure Bridge Won't Collapse
- One Thing you Won't See in Downtown Ocala this Holiday Season
- UF President Machen Announces He Won't Seek New Term
- Rapper Plies Won't Pay
- Ducks Won't Be Euthanized
- Harvin Wants Trade, Probably Won't Get One