8 people are dead in a murder/suicide in a home in Bell. 6 of the victims are children. Details at 11.
Florida Democrast Drop Mail-in Primary Idea
Florida Democrats are abandoning plans to hold a do-over presidential primary with a mail-in vote. That throws the delegate dispute into the lap of the national party.
While the decision by Florida Democrats left the state's 210 delegates in limbo, Democrats in Michigan moved closer to holding another contest on June 3rd. The Associated Press has learned that legislative leaders are looking at a measure that would set up a privately funded, state-administered do-over primary.
The national party punished Michigan and Florida for moving up their primaries before February 5th, stripping them of all their delegates to the party's national convention this summer in Denver. All the Democratic candidates agreed not to campaign in the two states, and Obama was not even on the Michigan ballot.
- Florida Primary
- North Central Florida Primary Election Races
- Florida Primary Results
- State Senator Share Ideas on Florida's Future
- Florida Consumer Confidence Drops
- Presidential Race Overshadows Florida Primary
- USPS to Announce Closure of Mail Processing Facilities
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office E-mail Causes Controversy Over Racism
- Is your Tax Rebate In The Mail?
- Fraud through E-mails