Man enters gas station with fake bomb.
He caused quite a scare when he charged into a convenience store claiming to have a bomb.
That bomb,however, turned out to be a dud.
Police say thirty seven year old Scott Demoura broke the window to a van belonging to International Satellite and Antenna looking for pliers to pull a bad tooth.
Instead he pulled a stunt that landed him behind bars.
Inmate Scott Demoura says, "
They asked me what i wanted. I said
I want a sandwich and she said and what's
that? I said, it's a device. She said, I'm
calling the police and I says, go ahead, I want to get
rid of the thing."
Demoura told Kangaroo employees "the thing" was a bomb but the Marion County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad determined it to be a harmless television amplifier.
Scott Demoura was charged with burglary,theft and for making a bomb threat.
By Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News
- Man Accused of Armed Robbery At Lake City Gas Station
- Man Disrupts Gas Station, Resists Officers
- Fake Bomb Device Found At Ocala Movie Theater Belonged To UCF Student
- Al Qaeda attempts to use a sophisticated new bomb.
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Bad Weather Takes Out Gas Station Pumps
- Allegations of racism at Gainesville gas station. Now family demands justice
- Drivers flock to gas stations
- Baby born at Gas Station
- Two Gas Stations Robbed in Lake City