Roam Towing Violations Means Six Month Suspension
Three Gainseville towing companies have received one too many violations, now they will have to pay the price for improperly roam-towing.
A recent investigation into three tow companies: Watson, Elite and Ultimate, revealed they were in violation of 93 city ordinances between them for forcing car owners to retrieve their vehicles in different locations from where they paid their fines.
The city says there are 93 car owners who could get their money back for the inconvenience. The price however to the towers will mean no roam towing for six months, effective this Friday, March 14.
According to new Gainesville Police Department spokesperson, "That's in violation of the city ordinance you're supposed to be able to pick up your car where you paid for it."
There are other towing companies in Gainesville, but Stan Forron the owner of the three tow companies says he will appeal the suspension. If it's not overturned he says he will have to lay off 18 workers, and will be out of business.
- Gainesville City Commissioners Consider New Roam Towing Regulations
- Driver's Beware Roam Towing Is Still In Effect
- Roam Towing becoming "Ridiculous"
- Six Months As Top Cop
- Advantage Towing gets 10 citations for Illegal Towing
- FAMU Lifts Suspension of Famed Marching Band
- Prom suspensions
- Suspension Lifted for FAMU Choir
- Temporary Suspension On Homeless Program
- 8/6/12 Fitzness Minute: Suspension Band Training