SIMULATED AIRPLANE FIRE
Putting out fires is part of their daily routine but today Ocala firefighters took on a special challenge.
That challenge brought them to the airport where they had to not only extinguish a burning aircraft, but save the victims inside.
The Federal Aviation Administration requires that every airport firefighter have at least one live airport fire training session a year. today firefighters geared up to battle a simulated air plane fire complete with victims, fire, and smoke.
Trainer Jeff Cummings says, "If an airplane was to come into the Ocala
airport and have some kind of emergency a rough
landing then these fire crews are going to be
responsible for extinguishing the fires getting inside
the aircraft, shut it down and then to assist
Last year the City of Ocala bought a aircraft rescue firefighter truck to aid airplane firefighters by allowing large amounts of fire and foam to be shot from a distance.
by Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News
- FHP Uses Airplanes To Catch Speeders
- A Plane Crash at Gainesville Regional Airport? No, Just a Simulation
- Maritime Simulator Makes Debut at Ribbon Cutting
- Space Shuttle Simulator Arrives in Keystone
- WMD Simulation Lab
- Law enforcement agencies sharpen skills with video simulator
- Airplane Fender Bender
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location
- Fire Marshals Call for Changes in Fire Reporting System