SIMULATED AIRPLANE FIRE
Putting out fires is part of their daily routine but today Ocala firefighters took on a special challenge.
That challenge brought them to the airport where they had to not only extinguish a burning aircraft, but save the victims inside.
The Federal Aviation Administration requires that every airport firefighter have at least one live airport fire training session a year. today firefighters geared up to battle a simulated air plane fire complete with victims, fire, and smoke.
Trainer Jeff Cummings says, "If an airplane was to come into the Ocala
airport and have some kind of emergency a rough
landing then these fire crews are going to be
responsible for extinguishing the fires getting inside
the aircraft, shut it down and then to assist
Last year the City of Ocala bought a aircraft rescue firefighter truck to aid airplane firefighters by allowing large amounts of fire and foam to be shot from a distance.
by Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News
- FHP Uses Airplanes To Catch Speeders
- Space Shuttle Simulator Arrives in Keystone
- Maritime Simulator Makes Debut at Ribbon Cutting
- A Plane Crash at Gainesville Regional Airport? No, Just a Simulation
- WMD Simulation Lab
- Airplane Fender Bender
- Former Fire Chief Under Fire
- Fire Rescue Budget Under Fire
- Four Dead Following House Fire , Fire Not The Cause of Deaths
- Car Fire Leads to House Fire