Tornado Damage in Lake City
A tornado hit lake city at 9:45 Friday morning, affecting a stretch of two and a half miles from the publix supermarket on WEST US-90 eastward from State Road 100 and north of US-41. Two deaths have been confirmed as a result of the tornado.
Most of the Damage is concentrated near Hilton Street by the CSX railroad tracks. Damage to industrial and retail businesses have reported as well as a substantial number of residences affected, particularly the Anne Mattox neighborhood. 8,000 florida power and light customers have been reported without power as of 12:30PM.
Lake City has interrupted natural gas in the affected areas. Students have also been evacuated from Nieblack Elementary School and transported to Eastside Elementary and Parents were asked to pick up their children as Eastside. Traffic Lights in much of Lake City are still not in operation. Florida Highway Patrol and other law enforcement agencies are working to control traffic at intersections. Residents are asked to stay off roads if at all possible.
A curfew has been set from 7PM until 7AM in the affected area.
- Lake City Suffers Brunt of Florida Tornado
- Tornado Tears Apart Homes In Lake City Neighborhood
- Lake City Damage
- Bradford County Cleans Up Tornado Damage
- Lake City Police Chief and City Manager Aren't Going Anywhere
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Lake City Officer Shooting
- Lake City Residents Waiting for Relief After Debby
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police
- End of 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season, Doesn't Mean an End to Recovery in Lake City