Tow truck chase
A tow truck driver was towed away by police after he led them on a nine mile chase in heavy traffic, which ended in front of Brookstone subdivision in Southeast Ocala.
Police stopped twenty eight year old Bret Wass in his tow truck to question him about his possible involvement in a sex crime committed this morning, but he didn't stick around to share his side of the story.
Wass instead hit the gas and took police on a dangerous high speed chase.
Ocala Police Department spokesperson Lou Biondi says, "The sergeant with the Marion County Sheriff's office was outside the car and already had the stop sticks set up. That's when the truck came directly at him and he had to get out the way or be ran over by the truck."
That deputy suffered a broken wrist from the fall.
The tow truck driver then crashed into a group of trees and tried to make a run for it.
He was tackled by police however and taken to Shands for his many injuries.
By Sarah Pusateri Wcjb TV 20 News
- Tow Truck Scammers
- Advantage Towing gets 10 citations for Illegal Towing
- "Touch-A-Truck" Entertains Children and Families, Draws Assortment of Trucks
- Pick-Up Truck vs. Dump Truck
- Gainesville City Commissioners Consider New Roam Towing Regulations
- Triple-A Announces Free 'Tow to Go' Program for Cinco de Mayo
- Gainesville Towing Rates Going Up
- Towing Companies Won't Be Suspended
- Tow Lot Owner: Arrest Unfair
- Towing Refunds