Traffic Congestion Talks Stalled
The area commissioners are focusing on is in Southwest Gainesville between Newberry and Archer Roads.
But almost no one agrees on the best way to move forward.
Commissioners are considering four options.
Two would go along existing roads.
Another two would go through the Hogtowne Prairie wetlands riding alongside I-75. Acquiring that land could cost a lot of money, but it's land the city of gainesville owns.
"If we build this roadway and the city is able to annex it, which they probably will, perhaps they'd be willing to donate the right of way."
Commissioners will talk more about the land acquisition on Thursday. They hope to also vote on the options at that time.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Gainesville City Officials Trying To Ease Parking Congestion
- 2 Starving Horses Found Boarded Up in Stall
- Bostick Investigation Stalled?
- Removal Of ASO Traffic Unit Leads To Less Traffic Tickets Being Issued
- Fla. Domestic Partnership Bill Stalls in Committee
- President Obama Talks Easy Pleasey Lemon Squeezy With TV 20's David Snyder
- Gov. Scott Angry Over Air Traffic Control Furloughs
- Duck Dynasty's Miss Kay Talks Faith, Family & Food
- Clay Calvert Talks Freedom of the Press
- Police Officer Shot During Traffic Stop