Union Willing To Work With Board Members
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
In November, voters will decide whether to scrap property taxes for schools instead raising the sales tax by a penny. So local school leaders, who are already tightening their belts are wondering if they'll have to cut teaching positions.
The new sales tax would only raise about half of the money schools now get from property taxes. But next year class sizes are supposed to get smaller, which would suggest more teachers are needed. WCJB's Gavin Johnson reports some are trying to make sure budget cuts don't cut teacher jobs.
- School Board Policy Changes Bring Conflict Among Board Members
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities
- School Board Member Arrested For Lewd Behavior
- New Ocala School Board Member Proposes Corporal Punishment in Schools
- Veterans Advisory Board Members Question County's Priorities
- American Civil Liberities Union vs. Alachua County School Board
- UF Students Will Vote on Potential Name Change for the Reitz Union
- Guns Allowed At Work But Not If You Work At UF
- Zimmerman Trial: Family Members Testify As Defense Opens Case
- Some UF Greek Members Remembering Missing Student