WOMAN FAKES PREGNANCY
A woman is behind bars after being accused of being behind a fraud scheme. This scheme stole thousands of dollars from agencies that help pregnant women.
Twenty four year old Shawanda Butler first went to Little Angels of America, an adoption agency in sebring Florida, for assistance with her pregnancy and adoption. They in turn referred her to the Marion County Women's Pregnancy Center.
It's not known however, whether or not she was ever pregnant. Deputies say, when two representatives from Little Angels of America went to check on Butler, they found her sitting on her couch. They asked her to see her pregnant stomach, but she refused. Instead she went inside a bedroom and stuffed her stomach with a pillow.
Russ Amberling, the National Publicity Coordinator for Choose Life says, "I don't know her story her situation what motivated her to do this but its a very sad story."
Deputies say, Butler stole over six thousand dollars from the agencies. Some of that money was said to have gone towards her rent, medical bills, and electric bills. She is facing charges of organized fraud.
by Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News
- Medical Spotlight: Treating High-Risk Pregnancy
- Teen Birth Rate Higher In The U.S. Than Many Other Developed Countries
- Tragic Loss Makes Way For A New Breath Of Life
- Morning After Pill, Soon Available Over-The-Counter
- Your Health: Treating a High-Risk Pregnancy
- Nursery Rhymes May Help Childrens Memory
- Man Arrested For Fake 911 call
- Man Wanted in Fake Money Scam
- Reality Star Jailed for Fake Money
- Fake Money Scam