CLM Workforce Budget Cuts
The CLM workforce got word that their agency would lose funding next year...by as much as 22 million dollars.
If that happens they'll have to cut back... in areas that may turn their staff... into clients themselves.
"We had 12 offices... we're now down to 3."
Budget cuts. They've slowly been eating away at the services currently provided at CLM Workforce in Marion County. Before it's all over they'll just be known as "M" Workforce... executive vice president Sharon Roberts says... they'll be forced to close their offices in Citrus and Levy counties.
"If this cut comes through we're going to have to close our offices in Citrus and Levy counties which means those customers will have no place to go and get workforce services."
She says the place they intend on funneling the money to... is completely backwards.
"They're moving money from workforce into the welfare system. which means ultimately that we can't work with the welfare customers...in putting them back to work and putting them back to meaningful employment."
Welfare transient client Tysharra Jones, has been unable to find a job or get employment assistance through CLM. She says the money can now actually go to help those who need it the most.
"Everybody need a little help...and i'm not getting it from here."
According to Roberts...a client first needs to be motivated...in wanting to better their lives.
"Customers come in and there's a lot of things going on in their life...we try to work with them on their issues and some just resist."
Resistance or not they're looking to have the welfare to work program cut in July.
Shani Muhammad... WCJB-TV 20 News.
- Marion County Boys & Girls Club has taken another budget cut
- Budget Cuts to Universities Part II
- Budget Cuts to Schools Part I
- UF Budget Cuts Go Into Effect Tomorrow
- Florida's State-Wide Budget Cuts Hit Home for UF Professors
- U.F. Board of Trustees Approve Budget Cuts
- U.F. Faculty Senate Fights Back Against Budget Cuts
- Possible Budget Cuts for YMCA
- "Sequestered" Budget Cuts Affect UF
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program