Gainesville Fire Assesment
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
It looks like people living in gainesville will soon be paying a fee for fire services. Monday night City Commissioners voted five to two to approve a city staff recommendation.
Staffers will now prepare an ordinance and decide how much the fire assessment will cost. Commissioners could have a first reading on the ordinance as early as April 28th.
Currently the fire department is funded through property taxes, but as a result of amendment one property tax cut, the department will see a 5-percent decrease in its 2009 -2010 budget.
- Juvenile Assesment Center Closing
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Educates Residents On Fire Assessment Fees
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Extinguish House Fire
- Gainesville Fire Safety Expo shows why fire sprinklers are important
- Fire at Gainesville Dollar General
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Without Generators, But Will Have Them In The Future
- Gainesville Trailer Fire
- One Dies, One Rescued in Gainesville Apartment Fire