Gainesville Fire Assesment
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
It looks like people living in gainesville will soon be paying a fee for fire services. Monday night City Commissioners voted five to two to approve a city staff recommendation.
Staffers will now prepare an ordinance and decide how much the fire assessment will cost. Commissioners could have a first reading on the ordinance as early as April 28th.
Currently the fire department is funded through property taxes, but as a result of amendment one property tax cut, the department will see a 5-percent decrease in its 2009 -2010 budget.
- Juvenile Assesment Center Closing
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Educates Residents On Fire Assessment Fees
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location
- Cause of Gainesville Apartment Fire Still Unknown
- Fire Destroys Gainesville Home
- Gainesville City Commissioners Consider Fire Assessment Fee
- Southwest Gainesville Fire
- Early Morning Fire in Downtown Area of Gainesville
- Gainesville Woman Hospitalized After Burned in House Fire