Gainesville's One Stop Homeless Center
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Gainesville City Commissioners are once again looking for another location for the one stop homeless center. Commissioners were considering a site on Northwest 53rd Avenue but a buyer bought it last week.
Monday night city commissioners voted to keep the north main terrace site as an option and to extend their lease for the building for another four to six months. The Association for businesses and citizens of north main are against commissioners putting the one stop homeless center there, so they're helping city staffers find an alternative site. City officials say its been a real challenge to find a site without other buyers rushing in to buy it first.
By the time the four to six months lease is up on the North Main Terrace site, there will be two new city commissioners, elected in January. So the dynamics could change on the commission by the time a final location is voted on.
- One Stop Homeless Center "Stopped?"
- Alternative Site for Homeless One Stop Center No Longer An Option
- Rezoning the One Stop Homeless Center
- Wait Continues for One Stop Homeless Center
- City Commission Approves One-Stop Homeless Shelter
- Gainesville City Commissioners Approve Location for Homeless Resource Center
- The Old Gainesville Correctional Institution- Not Just a Homeless Center
- City's Homeless Center Takes Step Forward
- Meal Ban Lifted for Gainesville's Homeless on Three Holidays
- Counting Gainesville's Homeless Population