Maldova Comes to Alachua County
A delegation of judges from the Country of Moldova toured Gainesville looking for ideas. They are going through a legal transformation and wanted to see how the American judicial system works. One of their goals is to implement technology like we use right here in the us. The Gainesville police department got to show off their Data Trac room which is a technology- based room designated for keeping up on the latest information important to the city and its safety.
The group was able to see exactly how a typical US police department is run. A live demonstration of the k9 unit's attack dogs was a good demonstration of how they catch criminals on the run. The tour concluded with the motorcycle police officers. Delegates were particularly interested how they police give out tickets to speeding drivers. The group from Moldova head off to Orlando and then back home to make their transformation a smooth one.
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- Where's your food coming from?
- Dinosaurs Come Alive in Alachua County
- Robotics coming to Alachua County Public Schools
- After 6 Years, Downtown Alachua's Restoration is Coming Together
- Huge Addition To Alachua County's Public Lands, Levy Prairie
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- Alachua County Kicks Off School Superintendent Search With Public Forum
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- 911 Calls Improve With Techonology