Pawning For Gas
In Gainesville the average gallon will now run you $3.61.
To make up the cost, some are bringing in their family treasures to trade away.
Tough economic times, means big business for local pawn shops.
"The past six months have been probably the busiest time," said Oaks Pawn and Jewelry Manager Clint Asbell.
The biggest money maker right now is gold. Pawn shop workers say people are even bringing in scrap gold, to have enough cash for the gas station.
Anne Imanuel, WCJBTV20 News
- Thieves Busted After Pawning Stolen Goods
- PAWNING MORE STUFF
- Gainesville Police Search For Suspects In Pawn Shop Robbery
- Gas Prices Lower
- Gas Prices on the Rise
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Massive Explosions Rock Central Fla. Gas Plant
- Bad Weather Takes Out Gas Station Pumps
- Gas Prices Continue To Rise
- Highway Gas Leak on U.S. 441