Pawning For Gas
In Gainesville the average gallon will now run you $3.61.
To make up the cost, some are bringing in their family treasures to trade away.
Tough economic times, means big business for local pawn shops.
"The past six months have been probably the busiest time," said Oaks Pawn and Jewelry Manager Clint Asbell.
The biggest money maker right now is gold. Pawn shop workers say people are even bringing in scrap gold, to have enough cash for the gas station.
Anne Imanuel, WCJBTV20 News
- PAWNING MORE STUFF
- Gainesville Police Search For Suspects In Pawn Shop Robbery
- Thieves Busted After Pawning Stolen Goods
- Gas Prices Lower
- Gas Prices on the Rise
- Gas Prices Continue To Rise
- Bad Weather Takes Out Gas Station Pumps
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Massive Explosions Rock Central Fla. Gas Plant
- Gas Explosion