Revitalizing East Gainesville Pushes Forward
The city was shut out of options to develop the old Kennedy Homes land until 2009 because of federal housing guidelines.
But now, the US Department of Housing and Urban Development just gave city leaders the green light.
The city already has plans in place for what they want to do with the land. It will be a mixed use area with townhouses and retail offices.
The next step is for the city workers to develop a proposal to attract developers.
Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- East Gainesville Initiative Will Host One- week Camp for East Gainesville Residents
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- East Gainesville Reacts
- Howard Bishop Teachers Tour East Gainesville
- East Gainesville family fights mold...with the help of a "Superhero"
- Ribbon Cut on $1 Million Dollar Renovation Project in East Gainesville
- Special Commission Meeting In East Gainesville
- Super Walmart Center Boon to East Gainesville Economy
- North East Gainesville Shooting
- Leaders Partner for East Gainesville