There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
Agriculture Commissioner Seeks Answers For Rising Fuel and Food Prices
Bronson likened rising energy prices to the run up before the 1929 stock market crash and suggested oil companies may be behind a smear campaign trying to link the higher fuel and food prices to the production of ethanol.
"For those that are buying and selling and trading oil futures four to eleven times before that tanker ever lands at a port to process that oil you can bet none of them are losing money, on those transactions," said Bronson. "Every time those transactions take place the price of fuel for the average citizen of this state and this country goes up."
With rising diesel prices, consumers can expect even higher grocery bills in the coming months.
In reality, state officials, like Bronson have little investigative power. Previous investigations into high oil by the state have gone nowhere.
- Florida's Agriculture Natural Resource and Food Industries on the Rise
- Food Prices Could Rise if the Country Hits the Debt Ceiling
- High Springs Residents Seek Answers Surrounding Police Chief's Dismissal
- Area Businesses Seek Answers Regarding Premises Expansion Moratorium
- Missing Girl Found; Parents Still Seek Answers
- Prices of Dairy Products to Rise, Farmers Benefit
- Gilchrist Commissioner seeks shelter in Dixie County
- Gas Prices on the Rise
- College Students Trying to Keep Up with Rising Textbook Prices
- Gas Prices Continue To Rise