Authorities May Be One Step Closer To Catching Their Suspect
According to Lieutenant Jack Jacobs, the Alachua County Sheriff's Office is now working with the Gainesville Police Department, FDLE, and the UF Police Department.
In addition to reaching out to the public for potential leads, authorities are also searching through the list of registered sex offenders.
"It's more of a process of elimination than anything else," said Lt. Jacobs.
According to Lt. Jacobs, this case presents additional challenges.
"Well, this particular case presents some unique challenges in that it's a stranger on stranger crime."
After interviewing the victim in the hospital, authorities are now currently working to compile a detailed sketch of the suspect.
Anyone with any information is urged to call Detective Heather Phillips at (352) 367-4185.
- Consolidation of Marion County Fire and Sheriff Deprtments One Step Closer
- City Takes Closer Look at Gainesville Housing Authority
- Authorities Searching For Suspects Who Raped An Ocala Woman
- Authorities Search for Suspect in Convenience Store Robbery
- Deputies Catch Suspect After High Speed Pursuit
- Deputies Catch Carjacking Suspect After Multi-County Pursuit
- Partners in Crime-Prevention Help Catch Suspect
- One Newberry Food Pantry May Close...Another May Open...But Will People Go Hungry?
- Bud Chiles Walks "One Million Steps for Florida's Kids"
- BlueLight App, One More Step Towards Safety For Students