Six months after the murder of Ocala native Tiffany Barwick and her friend Michael Ruschak was murdered by her jealous ex-boyfriend; a bill bearing their names has been unanimously approved by the state legislature.
The Barwick-Ruschak act will allow law enforcement to make arrests in cases where there is a violent disagreement even if the couple is no longer dating and doesn't live together.
Tiffany Barwick's mother Kim Barwick says, "Somehow our prayers were answered in the form of our state representative Kurt Kelly. He had called us and he too felt it in his heart that he wanted to do something to make a change to help people in this situation."
Kim Barwick says that she and her husband plan to take the message national. That way, the names on the bill aren't just names,but will carry a message.
By Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News.
- The Affordable Care Act: What You Need To Know
- U.S. Supreme Court Strikes Down Key Section of Voting Rights Act
- Landlord and Tenant Act Goes into Effect in Florida
- Rubio Discusses Impact of Affordable Care Act on Businesses
- Levy County Sheriff Accused of "Egregious" Act
- Man Attempts to Steal Purse, Good Samaritan Beaten in Act
- Men Busted for Performing Sexual Acts in Adult Store
- GPD: Oaks Mall Employee Exposes Himself, Commits Lewd Acts
- A Man Accused of Sex Acts with Pet Donkey
- Act Of Kindness