Celebrating Education: Morning Announcements Gone High Tech
Nearly every school from elementary to high school has a television in the classroom. And in our special series "Celebrating Education" the audio-visual class at Lincoln Middle School is modeled after a real newsroom.
This morning I was the guest at Lincoln's studios. Their morning announcement is a big production newscast --mimicking the frenetic pace seen in every professional newsroom.
And according to the media specialist, Rebecca Goodnight, who runs the program it's no accident their broadcast looks a lot like our own. "A lot of it I took from a tour I got of TV20," says Goodnight.
Complete with lights, camera and technical equipment the entire broadcast is run by the group of 7th and 8th graders.
- Celebrating Education: Newberry High School's Environmental Girls Make Global Impact
- New High Tech Traffic Management System Will Keep Children Safer
- High Tech Gadgets Hitting Some Classrooms
- High Tech Picnic Table Provides Shade & Solar Power
- Alachua County Will Purchase High Tech Energy Saver
- High Schoolers Building Bio Tech Resume
- High Tech Treatment Passes Medicare Test
- Modern Education: Where Does Creativity Fit with the New Common Core Standards?
- Info Tech Relocating Its Headquarters
- One Class at a Time: Meet October Winner Joseph Dickens