Dean of Medicine Removed
UF issued a statement earlier today, which read.
"President Machen and Doctor Barrett (UF Senior Vice President for Health Affairs) have lost confidence in Dean Kone's ability to lead the College of Medicine."
Just today, Doctor Bruce Kone accepted a large private contribution for the College of Medicine. Earlier this year, he admitted sending an email, which claimed that UF was stuck in mediocrity and Gainesville was filled with small minds.
In addition, there was controversy when a politically connected student was admitted to the School of Medicine against the wishes of the College Selection Committee.
Doctor Michael Good, the Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, has been appointed Acting Dean of the College.
As for Doctor Kone, he will stay on as a faculty member.
An Interim Dean will be named after a meeting with faculty.
- Former UF Agriculture Dean Larry Connor Dies
- Dean, Kelly Win Special Elections
- Loften High School Dean Behind Bars after Accused of Having Sex with Student
- Associate Dean of UF Dental College Demoted For Relationship With Student
- Alternative Medicine: Allergies, Part Three
- Alternative Medicine: Allergies, Part Two
- Alternative Medicine: Allergies, Part One
- Army Preventive Medicine Unit to Deploy
- The Growing Need for Cheaper Medicine
- FDA Investigates Recall Of 40 Children's Medicines