Groundbreaking For New Fire Station
Marion County officials threw the first spadefulls of ground for a new fire station on County Road 484 near State Road 200.
The Fire Chief says it was something that needed to be done because of all the recent and somewhat unexpected growth in the area. The new station in the area was not on the ten year masterplan put together in 2001.
Building the fire station will cost $2.3 million. Chief Stuart McElhaney hopes it will be up and running about a year from now.
- New Land for New Fire Station
- Alachua Co. Fire Rescue opens new station in Hawthorne
- Update: County knew about fire station closure ahead of time
- Alachua County Fire Station Battles Mold
- Investigation Shows Fuel Spill at Marion County Fire Rescue Station Larger than First Reported
- Environmental Officials Investigate Fuel Tank Leak at Marion County Fire Station
- Residents of Jonesville Could Lose Fire Station
- Hawthorne Fire Station Disbands
- Future of LaCrosse fire station in question
- Residents Welcome New Ocala Super Charging Station