Horizon Students Have Bright Futures With Help From Dedicated Teacher
One local teacher is making a difference in the lives of many students who are often overlooked.
In our special series "Celebrating Education" we tell the story of a teacher whose mission is to help children turn their lives around.
Seen as the last academic resort for kids often labeled as "bad" or "hopeless,"Smith's students will tell you Horizon brings out their best.
The key to success for so many of Horizon's 189 students, the individual attention they receive --something often lacking at home. Smith subs as mom, aunt, dad and mentor to students.
This is teacher appreciation week so we encourage you to take the opportunity to thank them.
- Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With 15-Year-Old, Terminated From School
- Florida Bright Futures Funding Goes Down, As Requirements Go Up
- Bright Future Scholars
- Changes to Bright Futures
- UF's Academic Future Bright Despite State's Dull Economy
- Bright Futures a Thing of the Past?
- Teacher Brings In Horse To Help Students Create Art
- Student's Cell Phone Video Catches Gym Teacher Stealing From Lockers
- Teacher Pay Raises on the Horizon For Dixie County
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit