Horizon Students Have Bright Futures With Help From Dedicated Teacher
One local teacher is making a difference in the lives of many students who are often overlooked.
In our special series "Celebrating Education" we tell the story of a teacher whose mission is to help children turn their lives around.
Seen as the last academic resort for kids often labeled as "bad" or "hopeless,"Smith's students will tell you Horizon brings out their best.
The key to success for so many of Horizon's 189 students, the individual attention they receive --something often lacking at home. Smith subs as mom, aunt, dad and mentor to students.
This is teacher appreciation week so we encourage you to take the opportunity to thank them.
- UF's Academic Future Bright Despite State's Dull Economy
- Bright Futures a Thing of the Past?
- Changes to Bright Futures
- Bright Future Scholars
- Teacher Brings In Horse To Help Students Create Art
- Teacher Pay Raises on the Horizon For Dixie County
- Student's Cell Phone Video Catches Gym Teacher Stealing From Lockers
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Without Generators, But Will Have Them In The Future
- Teachers May Have A Tough Time Finding jobs