Putnam County Murder and National Amber Alert
A nationwide Amber Alert is out for a Putnam County teen. She is with a man who is a person of interest in a murder that took place in Melrose. Her boyfriend is also wanted for grand theft auto... for stealing the murder victim's car. 15 year old Morgan Leppert and 22 year old Toby Lowry have been dating for the past seven months. When Leppert's mother prevented her from seeing lowry, he took matters into his own hands.
Putnam Sheriff Dean Kelly confirmed that lowry was at the home where 66 year old James Thomas Stewart was brutally murdered. Investigators traced a phone call they say toby lowry made from this home to Leppert. Deputies say he then took James Stewart's car and took off with the girl who has been missing since April 22nd. Deputies aren't saying exactly how Stewart died, or how long ago.
Now a nationwide Amber alert is on for Morgan Leppert. The couple has been seen driving west and was last spotted in Cady Texas. Residents of Melrose have always trusted in the safety and security of their neighborhood. This random murder will change the way these people live. The couple headed west from Melrose in Stewart's silver Toyota truck. Lowry is believed to be armed and dangerous.
- Update: Missing Amber Alert Boy Found Safe
- Amber Alert issued for missing Citrus County 1-year-old and 3-year-old
- From Amber Alert Victim to Murder Suspect
- Silver Alert in Place for Missing Putnam County Man
- Attempted Murder in Putnam
- Amber Alert Issued for Hillsborough County Teen
- Amber Alert issued for Polk County 4-year-old
- Amber alert for possible kidnapping
- Amber Alert Ends in Jacksonville as Child's Body is Found
- Amber Alert cancelled for missing Citrus County children