State Wide Drug Raid
They called it operation D-day.
Drug agents say it's the biggest marijuana grow house bust operation in Florida history.
The operation was run by HIDTA or the high intensity drug trafficking area program and took all day on Wednesday.
In marion county four grow houses were dismantled and four people arrested.
Statewide officers weeded out one hundred and fifty two houses and put one hundred and thirty five suspects behind bars.
Captain Lee Sullivan with the Marion County Sheriff's Office says,
"We were able to get information for south florida on a house...we were also to provide them info on a possible house."
Legislation is heading to the governor's office that would make it a 2nd degree felony to grow 25 or more plants...and a first degree felony if children are present.
- Synthetic Marijuana Raid
- Feds Raid Local Tobacco Shops
- FBI Raids UF Prof's Office, Home
- Counterfeit Nike Raid
- Agents Raid Business for Operating Gambling House
- Students Protest Against FBI Raids
- FBI RAIDS OLASANTE CLINIC
- One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers
- FBI Raid Exposes Online Crimes Against Children
- Drug Testing of Welfare Recipients Unconstitutional in FL