State's Largest Fire Continues to Burn in North Central Florida
By Dan Breitwieser, WCJB TV 20 New.
As of Friday evening, containment on the Tyler Grade Fire is estimated at 60%. Firefighters say the other 40% has a significant amount of green foliage that is ready to burn if flames get close.
The good news is the wind conditions held steady Friday giving firefighters a chance to widen their containment lines as they put out spot fires ignited by falling embers and trees. But the bad news is that conditions over the weekend are anticipated to change. Winds are forecasted to shift from the SE to the W...which would push flames in the direction where more people live.
- Prescribed Burning Season in North Central Florida
- Gun Control Debate Continues in North Central Florida
- Layoffs at North Central Florida YMCA as Bankruptcy Restructuring Continues
- Largest Prescribed Burn at Etoniah Creek State Forest
- Grass Fires Ignite Across North Central Florida
- Home Fires in North Central Florida
- 500% Increase in North Central Florida Home Fires Since Last Year
- Prescribed Fire for a North Central Park and its Wild Life
- Florida Supreme Court Upholds State's Drug Law
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?