Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Five Horses Rescued
"They're headed to one of our satellite farms in Micanopy," said Silver.
Until recently, the horses belonged to Steven and Teri Moran of Northwest Gainesville.
That is until March, when another woman who was actually interested in buying their property saw the condition the horses were in.
She's asked to remain anonymous.
"Probably about 3 weeks later, I came back to talk about the sale of the property, and that's when I realized they aren't gaining any weight."
So she called the Alachua County Sheriff's Office, who sent out a deputy to investigate.
The woman decided to buy the horses from the Morans, and then give them to Silver so she can find them new homes.
Silver says it's too soon to know if all of the horses will survive, but blood tests will give her a better idea of just how sick the animals are. They will remain in her care until her agency can find them new homes.
- Five More Horses Positive For Equine Herpes Virus in Florida
- Increase at Horse Rescue Farms
- Equine Rescue Wants Justice for Starved Horses
- Buffalo, Horses Rescued
- Retired Race Horse Rescued from Neglect
- Horses Taken from Rescue Farm
- Family with Five Children Rescued by Coast Guard
- An Animal Rescue Operation In Need of Rescuing
- From Horse Jockey to Horse Doctor
- Five Tax Moves To Make By Year End