Gas Thieves Arrested
For a little over a week, several residents of Marion County had reported to law enforcement that someone had drilled holes into their gas tanks, and stolen their gasoline.
However, 39-year-old Darlene Kimbriel and 54-year-old John Oldenburg were arrested after sheriff's deputies responded to a landscaping business called Pro Scape Incorporated. Someone had set off the companies alarm, and when deputies arrived they found a Ford truck with a hole in the gas tank, but that's not all.
"When we started collecting the evidence, we were going to process the drill for finger prints and all of that, but then we found the name etched on the side of the drill and it came back to the defendant," said Marion County Sheriff's Office Cpt. Jimmy Pogue.
Both were arrested, and deputies found the beginnings of what they believe was to be a meth lab in their home.
- Gas Thieves caught Red-handed
- Suspects Arrested While Trying to Steal Gas
- Authorities In Marion County Looking For Thieves Who Stole Car And Credit Cards
- Law Hopes To Deter Copper Thieves
- Jewelry Thieves
- Marion County Detectives Search for Three Wal-Mart Television Thieves
- Police Investigate Thieves Stealing Checks Across Fla.
- Thieves Busted After Pawning Stolen Goods
- Thieves Targeting Ford Trucks In Marion County
- Thieves Steal Christmas Gifts from Broward County Family