GPD Internal Investigations
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Three officer investigations for improper conduct, it's something no law enforcement agency wants to hear. But it's a trio of investigations the Gainesville Police Department wrapped up Friday.
WCJB first told you about a woman who says Officer John Bostick used intimidation to get her to have sex with him. She set up a video recorder in her home to record the incident. Bostick resigned last month.
Officer Robert King was investigated for using a company gas card for his personal use. King resigned in February. A GPD internal investigation upheld the misconduct allegations on both men.
Officer Jeffrey Shaw was investigated for using excessive force and altering a police report. According to GPD he's under suspension for 60 hours without pay.
Gainesville Police Officer and President of the Fraternal Order of Police, Jeff Mcadams says those internal investigations are altering the faith citizens have in those charged to protect them. Mcadams says, "It tends to violate the public's trust not just with those officers involved but from the chief on down to the last person hired in the organization."
FDLE has the results of all the internal investigations to see if more punishment. The State Attorney could decide to file criminal charges against Bostick.
- Gainesville Police Officer Steps Down Because of Internal Investigation
- Investigation at G.P.D.
- GPD Officer Investigation
- GPD Releases Investigation Report on Officers' Conduct
- GPD Investigating Suspicious Death
- GPD Investigating Attempted Kidnapping in Northeast Gainesville
- Local White House Intern
- Ocala International Airport Gets New Control Tower
- International Artist Creates Political Drawings For Gainesville Museum
- UF Will Deput Solar Home At International Competition