Groundskeepers Converge On Gainesville
Groundskeepers from Little League all they way to the pros converged on Gainesville Thursday to learn how to make a better and safer playing field.
It's part of a nationwide program called "Keep America Playing." Special guest speakers included the head groundskeepers for the Jacksonville Jaguars and Washington Nationals. These guest speakers offered tips to make the field safer.
"They're training them on how to take care of the infield, turf, and irrigation and basically how to make the safest most playable fields possible," said Chris Willhite, "Keep America Playing" Spokesman.
Thursday's event is just the first of five national events put on by "Keep America Playing."
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- East Gainesville Initiative Will Host One- week Camp for East Gainesville Residents
- Gainesville Charity Facing Freeze on Funding from City of Gainesville
- Buy Local Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
- Gainesville Firefighters are Trying to "Fill the Boot"
- Gainesville Fossil Trader is Arrested and Charged
- Gainesville Police Remind Drivers to Share the Road
- Trayvon Martin March Downtown Gainesville
- Gatornationals comes to Gainesville
- Gainesville Restaurant Week 2012