Machete Wielding Attacker
A North Central Florida apartment complex was the scene of a bloody attack this morning and the culprit is still on the loose.
It happened this morning at the Palms at Brook Valley apartments in Northwest Gainesville. When 55-year-old David Nelson walked out of his apartment, his attacker was waiting for him with a machete and a gun. Nelson managed to get away from his attacker despite suffering cuts on his stomach from the machete. He made it across the parking lot, getting shot once in the arm in the process. The attacker is a white male in his mid 50's, police say he's short and stocky and was believed to be wearing all black clothes.
"I really hope they do catch him," said J.B. Vining, the apartment complex plumber, "because the man that was shot, the victim, was a good fella. He was a nice guy. He didn't cause any problems around here at all."
Nearby Stephen Foster Elementary which is open for summer school was placed on lockdown after the incident. Police still do not know if the victim knew his attacker. Allen is now in stable condition.
-Josh Rosenthal, WCJB, TV20 News
- Machete-Wielding Man Killed by Panhandle Officer
- Machete Attack
- Man Attacked with Machete
- Hatchet-Wielding Suspect Shot By Police
- Knife-Wielding Man Tased By Gainesville Police During Struggle at Area McDonalds
- Knife-Wielding Tampa Man Arrested At Levy County Park
- Trenton Man Arrested For Slaying Golden Retriever With a Machete
- Homeless Man Threatens Woman with Machete
- Shark Attacks Reach A Decade High
- Woman Accepts Plea Deal For Dog Attack