New Traffic Controllers Installed Along Archer Road
These new traffic controllers are part of an 18 million dollar upgrade to the city of Gainesville's traffic management system.
Gainesville resident Jared Cintron lives and works near Archer Road, and says he hopes it will make a difference.
"I think it's a good idea," said Cintron. "Gainesville is heavily populated with a lot of drivers. So, it's good to keep traffic moving."
All of the new traffic controllers will be monitored remotely.
The Archer Road area is part of the first phase in a four-part project. The next two phases are Northwest and Northeast Gainesville. The project is scheduled for completion by 2012.
- Traffic Alternatives for Archer Road
- Gainesville Police Conducting Increased Traffic Detail Along Roadways
- Gov. Scott Angry Over Air Traffic Control Furloughs
- Shands At UF Installs New CT Scanners
- Cows On Archer Road
- Median Closures Coming to Archer Road
- Woman Dies After Being Hit By A Car On Archer Road
- Three Injured in Archer Road Car Crash
- Plan for Traffic on the Road to Jax
- Ocala International Airport Gets New Control Tower