Woman Attacked With Homemade Scythe
AÂ woman, who lives in Archer claims to be attacked with a scythe Sunday night.
She told deputies that 30-year-old Timothy Breeden attacked her in front of his home around 11:30 p.m.
According to the arrest report, Breeden now faces attempted murder charges following the woman's accusations that he swung a large homemade scythe at her neck.
The woman says she was waiting for a friend near County Road 346 and Southwest 143rd Street when Breeden came out with the large tool in hand. She says he wanted her off his property, but deputies say skid marks on the road show she was on a public street.
Lieutenant Steve Maynard, of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office, says he's seen plenty of strange weapons in his thirteen years of law enforcement, but nothing like this.
"I've seen telephones used as weapons and you know, large blunt objects," said Maynard. "But I don't recall any sort of farm implement."
Maynard says the scythe had been hanging on Breeden's wall in his house as decoration.
Investigators say a witness confirmed the woman's story.
Breeden is now in the Alachua County Jail on $100,000 bond. He has a handful of arrests on his record, but none considered violent.
His coworkers at a restaurant in Gainesville told me they've known Breeden for years, and that this is very out-of-character for him.
- GPD: Homemade Bomb Found Inside Shoplifting Suspect's Home
- Ocala Home Hit by Home-Made Acid Bomb
- Woman Accepts Plea Deal For Dog Attack
- Man Accused of Attacking Woman in Bedroom, Faces Her in Trial
- Gainesville Police Searching For Woman's Attacker
- Woman Requires 150 Stitches after Dogs Attack
- Woman Attacked in Haile Plantation
- Delray Beach Man Attacked Woman, Attempted a Carjacking
- Fla. Woman Says Steelers Player Attacked Her In A Nightclub
- Elderly Woman Attacked In Home