Authorities Searching For Suspects Who Raped An Ocala Woman
Detectives say a woman from Ocala was kidnapped in Northwest Alachua County early Saturday morning, and taken to an apartment across town.
She told investigators her night started at a Rick Ross concert at Skate Station in Gainesville, and then she went to a party in Jonesville. She said she was on her way to the Interstate to head back to Ocala, when she stopped for food at the Waffle House on West Newberry Road. While waiting for her food in the parking lot, she says she was kidnapped at gunpoint by one man, and that he and two other men forced her into her car and took her to an apartment complex. That's where authorities say the three raped the woman.
"During the course of the incident, she blacked out or passed out," said Det. Tyson Elliot, with the Alachua County Sheriff's Office. "When she awoke an hour or two hours after the incident, the apartment was abandoned. It was open, and her keys were there."
Authorities say the woman then got into her car and drove home. She was able to tell detectives that she was raped somewhere in Building 818 in the Linton Oaks neighborhood, but could not remember the specific apartment number where the crime occurred.
Authorities describe the suspect with the handgun as a black male, who stands about 5 feet 8 inches tall with short hair and acne. No description was given for the other suspects, and their vehicle may be a cream colored Cadillac with custom rims and tv's installed inside the car's interior.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Detective Tyson Elliott at the Alachua County Sheriff's Office at (352) 367-4184.
- Authorities Search for Suspect in Convenience Store Robbery
- Authorities Continue Searching For Missing Dixie County Woman
- Two-Vehicle Crash on Hwy 441; Authorities Still Searching for Driver
- Authorities Search For Missing Teen Mother
- Authorities May Be One Step Closer To Catching Their Suspect
- Marion Deputies Search For Man Who Shot Andre Thomas
- FHP Search For Man Who Shot At State Troopers
- Gainesville Police Search For Man Who Exposed Himself In Parking Lot
- Police: DNA Links Suspect to Rape
- Robbery, Rape Suspect In Custody