Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
County Commission To Hear Condo Proposal
Gainesville Golf and County Club owners want to build and sell the condos to raise funds for a new clubhouse.
Club officials want to build 176 condos at the south end of their property, but residents worry that condos would harm the wildlife and landscape at nearby Paynes Prairie. Alachua County staff has recommended that the commission deny the club's request
"Right now from the prairie you can see very minor light, there's very little light intrusion," said Randall Reid, Alachua County Manager. "The condominiums right on the bluff overlooking the prairie are believed to create more of a light impact."
Another concern for the county is how the new condos would impact traffic around Williston Road.
The Alachua County Commission meeting is on Tuesday evening, and a huge crowd is hoping commissioners will finally make a decision on the proposal.
- Public Hearing Over Proposed Treatment Center
- Alachua County Commissioners Special Hearing
- John Kalisz Hearing For The Murder of Dixie County Capt. Chad Reed
- First Public Hearing: Alachua County FY12 Budget
- Alachua County Wage-Theft Ordinance Advances to Public Hearing
- Annual "Alachua County Legislative Delegation" Hearing
- Alachua County Sheriff Asks County Commission For More Money
- Alachua County Commission Makes Final Choice for County Manager
- County Commission Picks In House Candidate for County Manager Job
- County Airboat Curfew Proposal