CSX Train Derails Near Alachua
A CSX train was headed from Russell, Ky to GRU's Deerhaven plant when it derailed around the Burnett's Lake area at 7:15 Wednesday morning.
Eight cars slid off the track, one of which flipped over, spilling a half a car load of coal.
CSX officials are now working to determine the cause of the derailment, but say it may be days before the investigation is complete.
By David Hamilton/WCJB TV 20 News
- CSX Train Collides with Fedex Van in Hawthorne
- Train Derailment Kills Two
- FDNY: 'Multiple Injuries' in NYC Train Derailment
- Derailment, Blast Crumple Buildings Near Baltimore
- SUV Hits Train Near Morriston; Nine People Injured
- Dead Horse and Mutilated Birds Found Near Train Tracks
- Alachua County Sheriff's Host Gang Training Session
- Two Stolen School Buses from Alachua County Found Near Jacksonville
- GRU To Pay Nearly $1 Million for Biomass Water Pipeline from Alachua
- Hundreds of Soldiers Training in Ocala