Discrimination at Gainesville Hotel?
Story By: Brittany Soeder WCJB TV20 News.
Despite having made reservations in advance, when they arrived, they never got to see their Paramount Plaza Hotel room. Now this group of fraternity brothers say they were discriminated against and shouldn't have to pay for other's mistakes. Phi Beta Sigma brothers approached the front deskÂ when a hotel clerk told them their reservations had been cancelled. Paramount Hotel general manager Dan Berben explained over the phone that parties during last year's Blue and White Weekend did tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage to the hotel. Berben says that forced a change in policy, banning all fraternity groups. The brothers say they weren't at the hotel last year and should have been treated fairly this year. They plan on contacting the NAACP and asking for a public apology.
- Ladies Night Specials Violate Gainesville Discrimination Ordinance
- Proposed Business Changes to Gainesville's Anti-Discrimination Law
- Bed Bug Problem at Gainesville Hotel
- Controversy Over Gainesville Hotel & Conference Center Over?
- Pit Bull Discrimination?
- Possible Church Discrimination Update
- Church Discrimination Investigation
- NAACP Says Sheriff's Office Is Guilty of Discrimination
- Hotel Financial Trouble
- The Haunted Hotel