Investigation Continues In The Death Of A Marion County Man
Krippendorf immediately called 911, but by the time emergency workers arrived Moser was unable to answer questions. He died shortly after.
Krippendorf's neighbor, who goes by the nickname "Bulldog", never even heard the shot that killed gary moser.
"I was in the bed asleep and my friend called me," said Bulldog. "He said "hey man, what are all the cops doing outside your house?"
What they were doing was responding to a 911 call made shortly after 10 pm last night.
When police responded to Krippendorf's home in Marion County, they found his friend Gary Moser on the floor with a gunshot wound to the chest.
"Well, he just said that he was reaching for a weapon that was located behind a chair, and upon the time he received it he picked it up and it accidentally discharged," said Marion County Sheriff's Office Major Chris Blair.
According to investigators, Krippendorf admitted they had consumed some alchohol, but the role that played in the shooting is being investigated.
"We're certainly going to look at projectile," said Blair. "The way he described where he was in location to the actual victim to the location of the person responsible for the actual shooting were going to review that to see whether it is consistent with the crime scene."
As of now, the death is under investigation, and the case will then go to the State Attorney's Office.
"They will make the final decision if any criminal charges are filed," said Blair.
Even if the shooting is found to be an accident and depending on Krippendor's blood alchohol level, he could face charges of reckless display of a firearm, possession of a firearm while intoxicated or even manslaughter.
- Family of Summerfield Man Suing Marion County Sheriff in Wrongful Death Suit
- Gilchrist County Murder Investigation Continues
- Suspicious Death In Gilchrist County Still Under Investigation
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Marion County Jail Investigation Findings
- Investigation Shows Fuel Spill at Marion County Fire Rescue Station Larger than First Reported
- Environmental Officials Investigate Fuel Tank Leak at Marion County Fire Station
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- Death Toll Rises to Two in Marion County from Meningitis Outbreak