Marion County School Board Elections
Just as the school year is right around the corner, so is the election that will affect student's education.
Running for seat two is current school board member Steve Hering who has held the position for eight years.
Running against him is Jackie Porter an established business woman of twenty five years and Bernard Lecorn, a former teacher at Central Florida Community College.
Marion County's primary school board election is on August 26th.
Bernard Lecorn says,
"A good school board member is sensitive to the needs of the children we affect on a day by day basis."
Steve Hering says,
"I read all the information i can i try to find out as much as I possibly can about what I'm going to be voting on and i make an evaluated decision."
Jackie Porter says,
"Something I would like to change as a school board member is the involvement of the school board in the budget; being involved from the very beginning."
Also running in this years election for district three are incumbent Bobby James, Mark Gamondeda, and Teecy Matthews.
- School board & city to come up with stormwater plan in lieu of paying fees
- Marion County School Board seeks help after storage unit vandalized, items ruined
- Gilchrist Sheriff-Elect and Board Face Lawsuit
- School Board Breaks Ground For New School in Williston
- School Board votes to close Waldo Community School
- Alachua County School Board to Approve Weeklong Thanksgiving Break
- School board approves $6.2 million for middle-high project
- Marion County Schools go on hiring spree
- Board upholds slaughterhouse permit
- School Board Considers Longer Thanksgiving Holiday