New Hotline To Help Floridians Facing Foreclosure
There are 10 numbers every Floridian facing foreclosure should know. The Florida Bar and Florida Legal Services have set up a hotline for people in danger of losing their homes.
In just the eight short days since the Florida foreclosure hotline went live, Program Coordinator Tracy Brim has heard it all.
"A lot of it is loss of jobs or cut back in hours, several are just the economy," said Brim. "Prices have gotten so high they can't afford it."
Florida has the second highest foreclosure rate in the nation. One out of every 200 properties has received some sort of Foreclosure notice. Florida Legal Services wants to make sure people who can't afford their mortgage payments or an attorney, get good legal advice Information from the hotline calls is matched with lawyers.
"It's our hope that their attorney can negotiate with the lender, and establish a meaningful workout where the home owner can save the home and not lose the home into foreclosure," said Dionne Meyers, Florida Legal Services Spokesperson.
The legal advice is free, but with 77,000 foreclosures and more on the way, the lawyers have their work cut out for them.
The hotline number is 1-866-607-2187. Calls are taken during regular business hours and messages are returned within 24 hours.
- Hotline Provides Help To Homeowners Facing Foreclosure
- Floridians Receive Foreclosure Help
- Seven Sisters Inn Facing Foreclosure
- Officials Provide Assistance To Homeowners Facing Foreclosure
- Weatherization Program Helps Floridians
- Community Legal Services Offering Help With Foreclosure
- Foreclosure Help Workshop in Crystal River
- Gainesville Ranks 7th on a list of New Foreclosure Capitals
- Girl Calls Sex Hotline, Expects Sexual Assault Counseling
- No Hunger Game Part 2, The Faces Of Those Who Help