School Grades Are In
Felecia Moss, principal of Metacalfe Elementary School, can boast that her students won the race for good grades, and their top scores on the FCATs has spelled success for the entire school.
Once an F-graded school, this year Metacalfe boasts an A.
"Like a championship team, we pulled together a game plan, and we followed it all year long," said Moss.
Moss says it was a team effort among teachers, administrators, parents and of course the students.
Metcalfe wasn't the only school with dramatic improvements. Hawthorne High School is no longer a failing school. This year they earned a "C."
"Another great success story from an F to a C was Loften High School," said Alachua County School Board Superintendent Dr. Dan Boyd.
Now, for the third straight year, Alachua County Public Schools has earned an "A" grade.
Dr. Boyd says despite big cuts to budgets for next year, the district will try to shield students and teachers in the classroom as much as possible.
To view your school's grade, click on the link below.
- School Grades Released
- Good Grades For Students May Not Translate Into Good Report Cards For Schools
- New School Grades Revealed
- New Grading System for Florida High Schools
- Grading Area High Schools
- Nation's "School Grade"
- School Districts Graded
- School Grades See Slight Drop
- School Officials Blame Dip in Grades on State's Changes to F-CAT
- Local Schools Respond to Drop in Letter Grade